We are seeking a 12-15 hour/wk Junior Accountant for DC-based clients.
Location Washington, DC
Hours/Schedule 12-15 hours per week at the client site
Pay Rate $20-$30/hour based on experience
Job Description Junior Accountant
- Provide on-site bookkeeping assistance for various clients
- Verify, code and enter vendor invoices, credit card statements and expense reports into client accounting software
- Monitor Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable aging reports and review with management
- Process all invoices for weekly payment and prepare checks for signature and mailing to vendors
- Reconcile vendor statements to accounting system reports
- Post cash receipts to accounting software and make bank deposits
- Assist with the month-end close process and reconciliations
- Review monthly Profit and Loss statements and Balance Sheet for reasonableness and accuracy weekly and discuss with management
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 1-3 years recent professional bookkeeping experience using QuickBooks and/or Microsoft Dynamics accounting packages
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision
Please send resumes to email@example.com.
Please revisit this page for future job opportunities.
Savalan, LLC, based in Washington, DC, provides management consulting services to finance and accounting departments across a wide range of US Federal Government Agencies, government contractors, and non-profit organizations. Our customized services span from personnel alignment to restructuring both accounting and finance processes for increased efficiencies.